Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Bamboo Plant

Posted by Picasa
We are now approaching the Chinese Lunar New Year. It brings to mind my first bamboo plant which I bought last year. I was attracted to the two little pandas on the rock. I have always loved pandas and I think the arragement of the bamboo plant looks just great.

I bought two sets, and gave my best friend, Amu one set. To my horror, my bamboo plants withered within one week!! Probably I had placed them on the console in the living room, away from the sunlight. In contrast, Amu's bamboo plants thrived so well. Amu always has green fingers. She has a whole garden of green and flowering plants outside her HDB flat.

I decided not to throw away the lovely rectangular pot with the two pandas and decided to display the bamboo plants. However, I think it looks artistic even in its withered form. Don't you agree?

Gan Chau

4 comments:

Ee Chuan said...

Hi Choo

Haha... I also have the same lack of green fingers. It actually boils down to discipline. Discipline to water the plants once every 2 days with a little bit of water and to make sure it is not drowning.

So far I have not been very successful in plants too....hahah

thanh7580 said...

The plant does look quite artistic as it is.

Anonymous said...

Needs water :)

The Oriental Express said...

Right on, Harro. Perhaps the bamboo plant is saying, "I need some Tiger Beer to bring me back to life". :-)