Friday, October 19, 2007

Another Bosom Friend

 

Loh Soh Wah, my bosom friend


The first time I met Loh Soh Wah was when she and her husband, Phoon Yew Tien, took my eldest brother, Kee Yong, out for dinner. Brother had just come back from Canada, and his good friend, who is also a well known musician, showered him with his hospitality. I did not say much to Soh Wah the first time I met her. It usually takes me a while to warm up. Interestingly, she is now one of my bosom friends!

I admire Soh Wah for her capability. She is always so efficient and energetic. Apart from coping with the demands of her work in the bank, she also has to see to the family as well as help her husband by way of moral support. She finds time to sometimes travel with him overseas for one of his concerts. Even in Singapore, she would still be able to find time to entertain his friends. She is full of zest and loves life!

A devoted mother, Soh Wah spends her weekends ferrying her two sons for meetings and tuition. She is not your typical "kiasu" mum for she lets her boys enjoy what they delight in. She encourages them in their musical endeavours and to develop their EQ, not just IQ alone. The result? She ends up with two charming children who are well brought up. Even my little niece, Zen, took to Soh Wah's younger son immediately, for she described him as "gentle and kind".

It is amazing how the demands of time can bring out the best in a person. Despite her tight schedules, Soh Wah still manages to find time to help others. She has been helpful to my relatives especially when they are in Singapore for violin or art exhibitions. Soh Wah always tries to arrange with the Press for interviews.

As you can see from the photo above, Soh Wah is well groomed. Recently she took me out for lunch at Peach Garden Restaurant and I told her I would like to introduce her to my readers.

Friends are precious and they are God's gifts to us....so let us treasure these gems.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: