Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blessings of Double Insulation!

Since young, I had been blessed with a natural layer of double insulation. To let my readers know how "thick" this insulation is, I will share this incident.

Recently, I chanced to try a massage chair at a road show. Since it was a smaller and simpler version and costing only $1200/- I decided to invest in one. (All the other massage chairs cost above $4000/-) I reckon that in the long run, it would save me more time and money. Morever, the chair comes with a complimentary eye massager too which I wanted to give to my beloved second brother Kee Seng whose vision has deteriorated a lot. The delivery man did not have the time to explain to me about the functions as he was behind schedule.

Hence when I tried the chair later in the evening, I was puzzled because I could not feel as if the rollers were massaging my back! The rollers were merely touching my back. I got up to check. I realised that there was a zipper which I pulled down to reveal the rollers. I tried without the padding and this time it worked! When my upline for the quantum pendant, Patricia Chew, came to my apartment, I asked her if she would like to have a massage. "Sure", Pat brightened up.

Pat felt that it was awfully painful even though I had put the intensity on the "low" button. I decided to put back the padding for her and she smiled, "Like that, good lah. Perfect!"

Only then did I realise how thick my "natural padding" is! Gosh! It is really time for me to shed some weight.... and I must put on greater effort.

On the bright side, my double insulation has enabled me to travel lighter. When I went to visit my eldest brother in Toronto in December, I did not bring any winter clothings. Brother brought some winter clothings for me at the airport, but he was shocked that I did not bother to put them on while walking out of the building to the car park! I remember how some passengers in the plane were worried that I was dressed only in cotton T shirts.!

When I went travelling in China, Taiwan and Israel during the winter months, I lent my jacket to the tour members who still felt cold. The Creator has given me extra "furs and blubber" in the form of F-A-T!! :-)

Ganchau

No comments: