Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Way to Get to Heaven ...by 5 Year Olds

I always love to talk to little children. Despite their youthfulness and innocence,
they always speak from the heart. If we really want to know whether we look good, ask a child, and he will speak the truth just like the child in the fabled story,
The Emperor's New Clothes. I received the following email from a friend, Elena Ho,
and would like to share with my readers.



The way to get to Heaven.......... by 5 year olds......


I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they
understood the concept
of getting to heaven.
I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and
gave all my money
to the church,
Would that get me into Heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.
"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything
neat and tidy,
would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was, "NO!"
By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun! "Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the
children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?"

I asked them again.
Again, they all answered, "NO!"
I was just bursting with pride for them.
"Well," I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out,

"YOU GOTTA BE DEAD."

No comments: