Monday, April 30, 2007

Harro - Famous Influential Singapore Bloggers

Harro - Famous Influential Singapore Bloggers
Singapore Bloggers, syndicating news for Singapore blogs in Asia ... Log on to Harro Syndicator (Beta)! Please type your Harro ID and password for access ...www.harro.com - 30k - Cached - More from this site

.: HARRO ONLINE :.
T Shirts Caps and Stickers. Handy Knick Knacks. Fly's ... About Harro. Over to you... Latest News. Site Design by Darsoft Copyright © 2006 Rod Harrison ...www.harro.com.au - 4k - Cached - More from this site
Forum Affiliates Network

One day I received a comment from Harro that my blog is interesting and that it would be listed in Harro. When I clicked on the search engine, I was somewhat overwhelmed that Harro lists famous and influential bloggers!

Mm.... am not sure if I am famous although I would like to believe my articles hopefully may influence my readers to some degree. If I can bring joy and encouragement and cause my readers to contemplate more deeply, then I am very contented. One of my ex-students' mother told me that she must read my article every
day before she begins her work ... it is like chicken soup for her soul. I feel so honoured.

I am so thankful that I had taken up Pitman's typewriting in my teens, and passed with 84 words per minute on a manual typewriter. Now with so much constant practice on the computer, my speed of typing is even faster.... at about 150 words per minute. I remember a few times when my computer broke down, I went to the internet cafe and caused quite a stir of excitement among the young users who were amazed at my typing speed! Now schools providing Pitman's typewriting and shorthand classes are obsolete. Of course, I am amazed at the speed of some people who could actually type quite fast with some but not all fingers!

I hope to keep improving in my writing so as to do justice to being listed in Harro.
My digital camera is always in my handbag so that I could just take it out and shoot interesting things I see along the way. I had always encouraged my students to write creatively and now that I am semi-retired and doing free lance property work, I finally find time to write.

Life becomes more colorful and interesting when we are on the lookout. No matter how busy we are, we must take time to smell the flowers and to admire the beautiful trees and plants in our lovely garden city. Above all, to take time to reflect and ponder over a hard day's work....so that we can learn from our mistakes and strive for a better tomorrow.

No comments: