Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Page from the Past .....

Sometimes I like to look into my sitemeter to find out who is reading my blog and where readers have googled. I found someone had googled, Kam Ning, violinist, and the person found my blog. When I checked it, I found that it was a classmate of my niece, Kam Ning. Hence I sent the article to my niece and I hope both of them will have a good reunion. My niece's classmate, Amilia, makes fantastic costume jewellery. You can see the lovely pictures in her blog - http://lovelytots.blogspot.com

I began to think of my classmates from Green Lane Convent, Primary and Secondary School. My best friend, Koh Gim Hong, who used to live at Green Lane area, and who was a teacher, is someone I remember most. She is tall while I am short. In fact, she was the tallest in every class we were in. Unlike poles attract. When she visited me, my relatives always referred to her as "your tall friend".

Of course, there was this cute, chubby Cecilia, whom the whole class nicknamed, "Fei Lo". I wonder if she is slimmer now and is in great health.

Then there was Yoke Heen, the genius in our class. She was the head prefect and top girl of the school. I used to marvel at the great number of things she could do simultaneously.

If anyone from Convent Green Lane is reading my blog, please reply me. No one has any excuse not to remember me! My name, "Choo Choo" should ring a bell in your memory. Remember, I was always laughed at during Malay lessons, because Choo Choo sounds like chuchu, the Malay word for grandchild. Of course, some of you cheeky ones called me "Choo Choo Train... Toot...toot".

Remember our beloved principal, Sister Adrian, who was as pretty as she was capable.?
We called her "the Singing Nun" because like the movie character, she was often zipping around on her motor bike with a guitar in tow.! She played field hockey and netball very well. She was everyone's idol.

Please drop me a line and we can talk about the good old days, about school events, our most beloved and detested teachers, etc. etc. Life is full of sweet memories!


My Ex-Classmate! by Amilia

When I was Primary One in MGS, I made a few really close friends... One of them is Kam Ning.

Abit about Kam Ning when I first got to know her...
She is tiny, short, nice smile and has very nice big eyes. Her father is a violin and piano teacher, who owns a music shop/school in Peace Centre (Selegie). She started playing violin and piano at a very young age. She will always walk down to her dad's shop after achool for lessons.

She left school sometime in Primary 3 or 5 (can't quite remember now)... I was quite sad cos' she is a very nice girl and fun to hang out with. When she told us that she was going overseas to study music, I was envious and sad at the same time. After that, we've lost contact with each other and no one else in school could get in touch with her. Even though it's been years since she left, I can still remember her.

A couple of years back, me doing my usual lazing on the couch and switching tv channels, this particular programme caught my attention. I hardly watch Central cos' it's usually cartoons or some boring opera/orchestra... Anyways, there was this violinist playing with the Singapore Orchestra. I thought to myself, she's pretty good! Then she reminded me of Kam Ning... strangely, I watched the whole show. At the end of the show, I realised it was none other but my old friend, KAM NING!

I was like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"! She's famous!

Out of the blue today, I decided to search on the internet on her... and I found her website - KAM NING. She has her own CDs too... My goodness! I really would love to meet up with her again... Wonder if she still remembers me!

No comments: