Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Perfect Timing

My eldest sister has been goading me on to make a trip to Kuching, Sarawak. My last trip to Kuching was about 5 years ago. Since Singapore is in such a central location, my sister and friends have often visited me here. Hence I did not feel the need to travel to Kuching. Sister insisted on my coming and she asked my neice, Esther, in Kuala Lumpur to book a return ticket for me with Air Asia, a budget airline. Really cheap....MR170 return Kuching/Senai. A return ticket to Kuching from Singapore used to cost $420/-!!!

Hence I am scheduled to fly tonight at 7.30p.m. Fortunately I will be back on 4th October, in time for my next contest for public speaking which will be on a division level on the 14th of October.

I seldom do HDB sales as I handle more sales of private properties. My clients' first HDB appointment was on the 25th of October. Though my group director could help me with the appointment, I would prefer to handle matters on my own, instead of troubling others.

What perfect timing!! When my sister bought me the ticket, I was not yet a member of our company's toastmasters' club. I also never expect I would participate in any competition. I guess God knows better what lies ahead for us. In Phil.29: 11-12..."I alone know of the plans I have for you; plans of propsperity and not of disaster, and plans to bring about the future you hope for."

I hope to influence my sister that it is not difficult to learn how to email. I will spend some time to teach her how to use the computer so that we can communicate more regularly. I will tell her too of my toastmasters' activities and perhaps rehearse my speech with her as my critique.

Gosh..... I better start packing my luggage now....May God bless the hands of the pilot of the plane this evening.!

Ganchau

1 comment:

afrobev said...

Have a wonderful time Choo. x