Thursday, July 19, 2007

An Idle Mind is the Devil's Workshop!

I was already rushing for time. I had to buy some paint and brushes so that my colleague Vincent could help me with the painting of the flat. I had to push the shopping a day earlier because I had an unexpected meeting for our toastmaster's activities - launching of a new club at Shenton Way today.

I had put up two advertisements. Normally when I advertise, I would prefer to be at the office so that I could answer phone calls. It was not easy to be carrying things and at the same time, answering phone calls as I was walking. Hence when a call came with a private number shown on my phone, I answered, "Choo speaking!"

"Hello! Darling! How are you?"

Before I could even reply, the voice continued, "We are doing body massage for ladies. You will feel soo wonderful...can I...."

I cut him short, "Sorry, not interested," and hung up the phone.

On another occasion, I received an sms, "Hi, cn I get to no u better?" and when I did not reply, the person persisted with sending the same sms several times.

It is incomprehensible how some people could be so free with their time in hectic Singapore!! Don't they have better things to do than to be a nusiance? I wish there were 48 hours in a day, and these people could waste their time in senseless and annoying activities!

I guess this is the price I have to pay for being one of the top agents in my company. Every month, our company will publish the photos of the top 30 agents in the Classified. We sometimes get unnecessary attention from unwanted people!

No wonder people say that an idle mind is the devil's workshop. It is important for us to be gainfully occupied. I would advise these people to volunteer their time to help in the home for the aged, the orphanage, SPCA or some other charitable organisations. It will help them to stay healthy, both physically and mentally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty Choo!

Thank you thank you!! Hope you're doing fine!

Cheers,
Barry