Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Gratitude

It had been raining cats and dogs for several days last week. Hence it was with some apprehension when house moving day drew nearer. I had originally intended to move on a Saturday, but knowing that Little India would be crowded on weekends, I decided to choose a Monday. I prayed hard that it would not rain on the day of moving, for the rain would be detrimental to my brother's paintings.

Thank God. He answered my prayer. The weather was so beautiful on Monday...breezy and not so warm as the sky was somewhat downcast at times, but the rain did not come down.

Happiness in life is in small, little things....it is heartwarming to know that God takes care of little things. Hence, would He not even take care of big things in life that matter to us such as our career, single or married life, our family and our health and safety. Let us carry all the things that matter to us to God in prayer. :-)

While we are on the topic of weather, I also notice that during all these 24 years of living in Singapore, it has never rained during the National Day Parade. Sometimes, the sky could be downcast, and it would rain, but somehow the rain would always stop at around 4pm, an hour just before the parade! I wonder if my readers in Singapore notice this too?

Papa had always reminded us never to take things for granted and to always be grateful to God and people. Only then can our life be enriched with meaningful living, realising that there is only so much we can do.

No comments: