Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Film Director's Dream.....

How wonderful if I could be a director of a movie!

It is amazing how talented and brilliant directors are. Take the popular TV series, Jewel in the Palace (Ta Chang Ching.) The director has chosen just the right people with the right looks and personality for the right role. It is incredible that the various characters acted out their respective roles so convincingly!

Sigh.... I can only dream of becoming a film director as I cannot act or direct. I can only enjoy watching TV dramas and movies. At very most I can be a good film critique.

But wait a minute? Am I not having great fun as a property agent? The interesting characters I meet when marketing a property? It is so fascinating to meet people from all walks of life, and to observe their facial expression, mannersim, etc. Indeed the world is a huge stage and we are all but actors and actresses! When I retire, I would like to write a book entitled, "Excuse Me, Are You A Property Agent?"

Hence, we are all directors of our own lives....what movies do we want to create?

Ganchau

2 comments:

PanzerGrenadier said...

Hi Choo

I'd like to offer another perspective.

Writing a book is a form of directing? It is directing your own recollections of experiences into either chronological or topical order and to draw the audience into this mental picture of what life is as seen through your eyes. :-)


You are gifted in words and words can paint a pretty picture, if not better than pictures can in some respects. It allows us to explore the lives of others without physically being in the persons' shoes.

I think writing a book would be a great idea for a wordsmith like yourself!

http://ganxiezhu.blogspot.com/

The Oriental Express said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement. In a way, writing is easier than directing. In directing, it can be quite frustrating when the actor/actresses does not really act out the way you want. This is why just for one scene, the director may have to say "Cut!" a 1001 times!!

May God bless me in my writing! And yours as well!

Find it thereapeutic to write. I should find therapy in jogging... then I will end up slimmer! :-)