Sunday, December 19, 2010

How Embarrassing!

My second sister Ean Ean had just called me on my mobile phone, and told me she
could not get through my home line. Upon checking I realised it was faulty. Hence
I called up Singtel and the operator confirmed that indeed it was out of order. She told me that she would send a technician to my home between 2 to 4 p.m. It was a
Saturday, and I was surprised at the efficiency of Singtel.

At 2.30pm a Malay technician came and he was so cheerful and amiable. Suddenly he
smiled and said, "Your phone is not working because the plug has been disconnected!"

I was so embarrassed and apologised profusely. I said to him, "Alamak, malu-lah! Saya sangat bodoh!" (Oh dear, how embarrassing! I am so stupid!)

"Don't say like that. It's ok, " smiled the cheerful technician. I told the technician that I have techno-phobia and when any gadgets go wrong, it is difficult
for me to figure out and do something about the gadgets.

About an hour later, he called me to check that my land line is working fine.

I am always so grateful that we have such great services and wonderful attitude in the various government departments.

Gan Cao

1 comment:

Teabie said...

awww, that's nice! i miss the efficiency back home in Singapore. being here in Melbourne, it'd take us ages to have a technician come over, and worse still, they charge per hour. urgh.