Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yann's Creative and Cosy Home

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Recently my eldest sister and I visited Yann's lovely home. My sister was mesmerised
by Yann's lovely handiworks which are displayed all over the home.

Somehow Yann's home reminds me of the lovely homes I had seen in Canada. Likewise, many of the retired wives would often occupy themselves with doing arts and crafts.
Many elderly Canadians can knit and sew very well.

As my eldest sister also loves handiworks, she asked Yann for some of the ready-made
patterns so as to make toys, flowers etc. Yann also sews lovely curtains for her
master bedroom and her children's room. The cosiness in her home gives an ambiance of
a country home.

Though I enjoy looking at all these lovely handicrafts, nevertheless I will not have the patience to wait till completion. Perhaps in a few years time, when I have more time on my hands, I will venture to try out making some of these handicrafts.

Yann and her husband have just bought a corner terrace house which comes with a bigger piece of land. I look forward to her new decorations and designs. Whenever I am with Yann, I am reminded of the phrase, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

Gan Cao

No comments: