Thursday, November 17, 2005

I learn to listen better now

This is one of my favourite poems which I came across while I was teaching. I always started the year by giving my students this poem. Hope I can recall from memory and that you will enjoy the meaningful poem too.

I LEARN TO LISTEN BETTER NOW

When God gave out brains, I thought He said trains,
And I missed mine.

When God gave out roses, I thought He said noses,
And I asked for a red one.

When God gave out chins, I thought He said gin,
And I ordered a double.

When God gave out heads, I thought He said beds,
And I asked for a soft one.

When God gave out legs, I thought He said cakes,
And I asked for two round ones.

When God gave out looks, I thought He said books,
And I didn't want any.

Since then, I have learned to
listen better now.
- ANNONYMOUS

No comments: