Friday, January 19, 2007

Goal Setting at Dennis Wee Group




Start of the year! What a better way to kick off the first breakfast meeting with goal setting. Almost once a week, a group of agents will meet every Tuesday morning for breakfast and networking meeting in our Dennis Wee Group.

We were asked to bring magazines, and were given glue, scissors and papers, so that we could cut out pictures and paste them to illustrate our goals.

The above is my little artwork. No, I do not need to have a bungalow or a big car. Just a small two room condo is good enough for me. I dislike the idea of hiring maids and am not too much in favour of spending hours cleaning up the home either. Hence, a bedroom with an additioal guest room cum study is just right for me. I do not want possessions to possess me.

I really hope I will be able to find time to learn to play the violin this year. To me, it is such a lovely instrument, and when I hear my niece, Kam Ning, playing so beautifully on her violin, it brings me almost to tears. I know it is not going to be easy for me to play the violin since I have short little fingers that look like little bananas. However, so far, my short fingers have not deterred me from playing "Maiden's Prayer" beautifully on the piano. This piece has many octaves throughout. My friend, Corine, commented that despite her long fingers, I played the piano piece more beautifully than she did. What a gracious encouragement. If I ever get discouraged with my violin lessons, I will think of my beloved papa who played more than twenty instruments, self taught.

I am actually quite contented with having travelled to 38 countries. Being an animal lover, I would like to visit the Safaris in Africa, and hopefully, in future, to find time to volunteer at the Panda Centre in Chengdu.

It would be nice to be rich like Mr. Sim Wong Hoo of Creative Technology, but even if I were not rich like him, it would be comforting enough to give presents and donations in small ways to help bring joy to others.

It would be great if I could have enough to help set up an animal sanctuary. Meanwhile, let me do the little I can help with SPCA.

Perhaps the most difficult of all, would be to live on 371 calories a day until I shed off the extra 20 kilos I had piled up all these years! Perhaps it is easier for me to sell 20 properties than to shed 20 kilos.! One of my colleagues laughed and said I would never be able to achieve this goal. Mm..mm... I am one of those who like challenges. When someone said I cannot do something, I will try my utmost to do it!! 371 calories per day is just too little. I cut out the picture because it was the only one I could find in the magazine to illustrate my point. I will go on a sensible diet to lose weight gradually and healthily. Anorexia is not my favourite word in the English Language.

2 - 0 - 0 7!!! Here comes Choo Choo charging on!! May the good Lord charge me up with renewed determination and energy to bring the above goals to pass!

Gan Chau

3 comments:

thanh7580 said...

I'm sure you can do anything you put your mind to Choo. I think 371 calories is definitely too less food for one day. A sensible diet of more vegetable and exercise will see you shedding the kilos soon.

Anonymous said...

ok, i tagged your personal blog. guess its not in use anymore. well anyways gan chau, remember me? =)

The Oriental Express said...

Lance, what is your blog or email address?