Monday, January 29, 2007

Chelsea

  Posted by Picasa

As I was rushing for my open house at Clementi Park, I saw a lovely lady with her cute cocker spaniel. The Indian lady, Shanaz, told me her dog's name is Chelsea and asked if I lived around the area. I told her that I was marketing a unit at Clementi Park and she told me she was also looking to buy an apartment. I patted Chelsea on her head, and found her fur to be smooth, with a healthy golden glow. It is always my habit to pat every dog I meet, regardless of breed and size.

Shanaz did not find my client's unit suitable as the living and dining rooms were too small. I understand most of the Indians often prefer large living and dining areas as they take pride in entertaining guests. The Indians are very hospitalable people. I found a bigger unit for Shanaz. She jokingly told me that Chelsea brought her blessings for 8 months later, Clementi Park is going enbloc.

One day Shanaz called me to ask if I could help find a home for Chelsea as she was starting on her new job and could not provide the time for Chlesea. I felt sorry as Chelsea is a very good and obedient dog, and it would be quite traumatising for her to be given away. After the death of my Chow Chow, Xiaobai, I did not want to adopt any more dogs, and had turned down many requests to take in dogs. However, Chelsea melted my heart. I decided to take Chelsea on the understanding that when I am on vacation, Shanaz will look after Chelsea. I hate to put dogs in hotels, and it is quite troubleseome to bother friends to help look after my dog.

Chelsea soon became accustomed to her new home. I take her out for her walks two to three times a day. She runs like a horse, and I will unleash her so that she can give full rein to her energy in the park. When I clap my hands, she will run back to me. Chelsea is also good with other dogs. She does not like birds and cats, and will chase after them with her might. She is the neighbourhood terror! Can anyone tell me why dogs and cats usually cannot get along?

Chelsea is very affectionate and likes to be hugged. She loves wagging her little tail. She will follow me everywhere around the flat. When I type at the computer, she will seat herself beside my chair. When I am cooking, she will plonk herself a distance away from the stove and watch my movements. Whatever I eat, she must have a little share. Of course, I will only give her food that is suitable for her... absolutely no chocolates which are harmful for dogs. Chelsea's favourite fruits are pears, mangoes and rambutans.

Chelsea loves to welcome you home with a tennis ball in her mouth and with her little tail wagging furiously. Sometimes I look at her expressive eyes and wonder what she is thinking. How lovely if only dogs could talk.!

3 comments:

afrobev said...

What a beautiful dog. If only dogs could talk x

Justin said...

I am really moved by your post on Chelsea. You seem to love this dog very much. Regarding your question why dogs and cats usually cannot get along? I wanna say that I have cats n dogs as pets and by God's grace, they are very friendly towards each other. They play hide n seek together n likes to play the chasing game.

And hey, just check this out winter care tips for pets

The Oriental Express said...

I love all my four dogs, Kamlette, Kambobo, Kam Xiao Bai and now Kam Chelsea.

However, I would say I love Kamlette the most as she was my first pet which I raised from about 2 weeks to 16 years of age.
She was one of the litter of 6 puppies rescued by my ACS boys from the mangrove swamp.

You can read about the big dogs in my earlier blogs.

Thanks for visiting, Justin.
All the best in your new insurance career.