Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happiness is ....(43)

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER...BY JOHN KEATS

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing...


Although it has been almost more than two months since I visited Barcelona with Soh Wah, I often think of the lovely sights, especially the beautiful paintings, sculptures and antique furniture in the museums.

My favourite is the National Art Museum of Catalonia in Barcelona. The above pictures are some of the displays in the museum. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that photo taking was allowed, and hence I took photos to my heart's content. Now, whenever I feel tired, bored or restless, I would look at the pictures in my computer, and my spirit would be uplifted again!

John Keats was right with his thoughts expressed in his lovely poem above. I always
try to think of beautiful things and people with beautiful thoughts and actions. They help to make me feel happy and positive.

Truly, a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Gan Cao

No comments: