Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Dog's Life....

 
Posted by Picasa

The sweet retriever that goes for his daily nap at his neighbour's house!


"An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.
I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head. He then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.


An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:
'He lives in a home with non stopping chatting wife, 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep.
Can I come with him tomorrow?"


Dogs are so clever. I could not help smiling when I received the above email from a friend, Michael Rodrigues. I remember how our pet dog, Bobby, would go to the temple in our village in Penang, where he would have his daily nap. It was not because our home was noisy; but with his thick fur, Bobby found comfort and coolness sleeping on the tiles of the inner sanctuary of the temple which for some reason, were especially cold to the touch. Enjoy and smile!

Ladies, please try to jabber less. Even dogs find us somewhat too noisy for their nap. Someone has said that when a man dies, the first part to rot would be his eyes! As for ladies, the first part to rot would be their tongues and mouths! Moral of the story?

Men should ogle less; and women should jabber less! You can be assured that now I am trying my utmost to talk less and listen more! :-)

Gan Cao

No comments: