Friday, June 23, 2006

A - Z of the Choo Choo Train

Having posted an A - Z of himself, Thanh, a fellow blogger from Australia asked me to do like wise. So here goes :-

A - Active. I cannot sit still for too long, especially if it is not an interesting activity. How many times have I sat and slept right through boring convocations and concerts for hours! This is why most of my friends prefer to call me Choo Choo rather than Lynn, because I am like a train, constantly on the move.

B - Benevolent. Like papa, would say I am quite benevolent like him. Don't like to
hold grudges and prefer to forgive, just as I hope others will forgive me too. When we don't forgive or hold grudges, it is suffocating. Can't breathe with a nose clogged up with unhealthy emotion of phlegm.

C - Cooking. I love cooking. It is so therapeutic. Taught myself cooking and was the chef of my own restaurant. Can also cook Chinese, Western, Nonya, Indonesian and Thai food. My favourite CCC - Choo Can Cook. Maybe one day, in future, I will hold cooking classes in the likes of Yan Can Cook. My program might be called "If Choo can cook, so can you!"

D - Dogs. My favourite breed of animals. Would like to think that God must love dogs the most because a D - o - g is G - O - D spelt backwards!!

E - Elephants. Also my favourite animal. Intelligent animals with long memoreis.
My favourite Hindi movie on elephants - Haathi Meere Sathi - Elephants my friends.
Great movie! Narrated the story to an Indian client.... he was so surprised I could still remember the details of a movie I watched 39 years ago! I guess my memory is as long as an elephant's!!

F - Friends. Friends are precious to me. No man is an island, and papa always reminded us to be grateful to God and friends.

G - Goldfish! My favourite in the tank. They shine and the way the goldfish shakes its body and tail.....puts me to shame. In my attempt to learn belly dancing, I can't even move my hips as gracefully and as seductively as the fish!!

H - Hell. Often wonder what hell is really like though the Bible says it is a terrible place where there is a lot of screaming and the gnashing of teeth. Hence it is not nice for people to say, "Go to hell lah". All of us will want to avoid going there, and the Christians say that Christ is the answer to the alternative place of hell - He offers heaven and eternal life.

I - Indians. I like Indian movies. I like their beautiful dances and songs as well as their lovely costumes and colorful clothes. The only thing that I do not quite like is Indian food. Guess the food is too spicy and pungent for me.

J - Jokes. I enjoy reading joke books and telling jokes. Life is short ... why be so serious all the time?

K - Kam Family. I love my family, which also includes my 3 pet dogs.... Kamlette, Kambobo and Kam Xiao Bai. We are a happy and fun loving family. We are also a very musical and blessed family.

L - Laughter. I like to laugh ... my pastor said that laughing is good for the internal organs because they get massaged each time we laugh.

M - Mongolia. It is one country I must make an effort to visit. I used to have two Mongolian sisters staying with me while they were studying in Singapore. A fascinating country with a fascinating culture.

N - Now. If I can do something now, I will do it. Hate to keep postponing what I can do today. Better to do it now and get done with it than to procrastinate.

O - Original. I like to be original and creative. I still remember the teacher's day card which my students gave me. On the card were the words, "In a world of carbon copies, you're an original".

P - Papa - the person I love the most!! He is my hero and my role model.

Q - quaint. I like quaint things and places. This is probably why I travel so much.

R - Roses - my favourite flowers.

S - Singapore! This old Choo Choo train had gone a-chugging round the world. Had lived in some countries from a few days to a few years. Still love staying in
Singapore the most.

T - Time- Precious time. "An ounce of gold cannot buy you 5 minutes of time" papa always liked to remind us. This is why I live everday like as if it were my last. "Do it tomorrow lah," some people would say. "Tomorrow, I may not be around", I would reply.

U - Understanding. It is so important to understand. So many problems can arise because of misunderstanding. Especially, now when life is so fast and people are so busy that the art of listening is becoming non-existent!

V - Voice. People tell me I have a good singing voice.!! I enjoy singing when I am showering, walking to my destination and when I am cooking.

W - Warm. Like papa, I have a warm personality. In this otherwise cold world, a little warmth will go a long way to bring a smile on someone's lips, cheer up a broken heart and bring joy to everyone.

X - Xmas! The most colorful month in Singapore when Orchard Road is lighted up!
A season of joy and forgiveness. A seson to remember the One who had died on the Cross for us.

Y - Youthfulness. People often tell me that my glowing complexion belies my age!
I guess it is because I am still so excited about so many things in life. Hence it makes me appear young.

Z - Zoo. As an animal lover, this is my favourite haunt and whenever I travel overseas, I must try to make it a point to visit the zoo. Once my elder sister took me to the zoo in Melbourne and left me there the whole day, because she knew I would spend hours in the zoo!!

3 comments:

afrobev said...

Thanks Choo Choo that was a lovely A-Z and a nice way to find out more about us isn't it? I especially like the stuff about your family and how important they are to you. Your mother and father must have done a great job when bringing you up.
Take it easy
James

thanh7580 said...

There's one point I wanted to ask about Choo. You mention a lot on your blog about your father and how important he was to you. However I don't recall a post where you have written anything about your mother? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

The Oriental Express said...

You are very observant, Thanh. Mom was very, very pretty. She was known as the Village Belle. It was love at first sight for papa.!! People always envied mom for marrying a wonderful man.

Mom was very artistic. This is probably why eldest brother is also artisticlly talented as well as musically talented. He has held many one man art exhibitions in Singapore, England and Canada.

All my siblings and I are closer to papa than mom.