Friday, July 07, 2006

Blog Templates

Whenever I read a blog that has white print on a black background, I get a headache.
I find that my eyes start to feel uncomfortable and I begin to see "stars". Hence even when it is an interesting blog, I find I could not carry on for too long.

From young, I had been advised by my family not to watch TV in the dark, because the brightness from the TV screen in the midst of a dark room is bad for the eyes. I get the same feeling when I am reading an article with a black background. I think Gayle Goh graciously changed her blog template when someone commented that it was hard to read her long articles in white print against a black template.

It would be great if bloggers could change to templates with lighter backgrounds so that readers can be encouraged to carry on reading the otherwise interesting articles.

Gan Chau

4 comments:

thanh7580 said...

I am exactly the same. I can't stand blogs or websites that have dark backgrounds and light text. I just find it so hard to concentrate and I never end up reading it for long.

I also like to watch TV with the lights on, but some people like to have the room all dark and watch TV. I find that again so straining on the eyes and just a weird sensation. I mean at the movies its ok because the screen is so large and bright that it virtually lights up the room, but at home with the TV, I rather have the lights on.

The Oriental Express said...

You are right.... in the cinema it is ok because the screen is very wide, and there is no black background.

Thre must always be some light when watching TV if we are to protect our eyes.

Birds with the same eagle eyes flock together!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope mine is ok. But do let me know if its not.

The Oriental Express said...

Of course, yours is ok..... same as mine with white background. My http://choochookam.blogspot. is exactly is the same as your template. I copy cat yours!!!