Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

After 5 days' break in Kl and Penang, I am now back, all charged up for work.

It was difficult to find an internet cafe in Penang, and I was surprised that few people in Penang had internet access!!! Even though my relatives have computers, they use the computers other than for internet!!

Hence the first thing I headed for was my computer upon my return!! First to check for Mindef's reply concerning Ike See's deferment. Since I had no reply yet, I wrote to the officer to tell him I was looking forward to his reply. He kindly replied me soon after to let me know that Mindef has not yet reached a conclusion. I am still very hopeful for a positive reply.

My beloved brother had not wanted me to come back because I was not well but I insisted as I had an appointment with my clients at the Housing Development Board. Since I was acting for both buyer and seller, I had to be present. Also there was my first project at our company's Toast Master Club. Despite feeling somewhat exhausted, I won the Best Speaker's prize!! Frankly I am more comfortable typing at this computer than standing before a group of people to deliver my speech. The butterflies still remain in my stomach despite having been a teacher for 10 years.!

The committee members were going for karaoke after the meeting. I declined to join them as I was utterly exhausted. I literally collapsed onto my bed, thanking God for a roof over my head and for all His blessings which I don't deserve! His Grace is sufficient for me. Little things make me hapy and contented. The parcel which my Canadian friends had sent to me at my office, had arrived. I had left my antique china porcelain at Mr. Dunlap's garage for 28 years and had forgotten about it.
The Dunlaps even kindly packed and paid for the postage for me. I felt so proud when my office staff remarked what wonderful friends I have. I am also happy as I was informed by the office that I am one of the top 30 agents for the month of June, this time from 30th to 11th position. All thanks and glory to God!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

PanzerGrenadier said...

Hi,

We met at the Toastmasters Club! Thanks for the lovely Penang dou sha ping (cookies) for my dad! Much appreciated.

It was a lovely speech that you made and it was not surprising that you won the best prepared speech speaker that night :-)

All the best for your health and do visit my blog too at http://ganxiezhu.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

EC