Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Little Break

Tomorrow at six in the morning, I leave for Kuala Lumpur. I would actually prefer to leave Singapore at night, but that would mean arriving Kuala Lumpur at the unearthly hour of four in the morning. As Kuala Lumpur is not a safe city for a young lady to drive in the early morning, I decided to arrive during the day so that my niece, Tyng, would pick me up at the bus station around noon. Tyng would drive the following morning to Penang to spend some weeks with her parents before she flies off to Chicago to pursue her tertiary studies.

I look forward to seeing all my relatives, especially my beloved brother, cousins and aunty. I also look foward to climbing the hill to my friend's fruit orchard and have a feast of different types of durians, rambutans, mangosteen, etc. All these are seasonal fruits, and due to the hot weather, the harvest is abundant.

My brother does not have a computer at home, and I hope to be able to find an internet cafe. I have been nagging my brother to learn the computer. I will be also anxiously checking for Mindef's reply concerning their approval of Ike See's deferment.

Penang is well known for her cuisines.... gosh... there goes my diet. Oh well, as Thanh, my fellow blogger from Melbourne had said, "Look into the slimming mirror and enjoy all the food". Many of my Singaporean friends also know about the fantastic cooking skills of Penangnites, and have asked me to buy them some delicacies. I have decided to buy some delicacies to give our agents a treat at our weekly breakfast meeting. During the last two days, I was given four new exclusive listings to market my clients' properties. Hence, I will play with all my heart these few days during the break and come back to work with all my heart!!

Gan Chau

4 comments:

afrobev said...

Have a lovely time Choo!

thanh7580 said...

Have fun on your holiday. And just eat whatever you like, in moderation of course. Eat all those delicious durian on my behalf. I was told by a friend at work today that the Ang Heh (red prawn) one is most expensive, so definitely eat that.

Anonymous said...

Have a good time choo!

The Oriental Express said...

Thanks guys!

Am at my niece's home in KL. After lunch today, my younger niece will be driving us to Penang. She is going to Chicago and giving her parents her computer. Will try and convince my koko (brother) to learn the computer so that I can communicate with him via email and he can also read my ahem!! interesting blog articles!!

Cheers!

Choo