Monday, July 24, 2006

I Hear with My Heart

By now, those of you who have been following my blog, will know that when I sleep, I sleep like a block of wood!! Once I sleep, I am transported into a different world, oblivious to the noise around me. It could be the loudest thunder clap or the Chinese opera songs in motion.... I would slumber peacefully.

Yet whenever my pet dogs bark or whimper, I will be able to hear them! I think most mothers are like that too. The moment their newborn babies cry, they will stir from their much needed sleep!!

Right now I am dog-sitting my client's dog, Chelsea, for three months. The moment Chelsea barks, I will call out to her to reassure her it is alright. Like most mothers, I hear with my heart where dogs are concerned!! The power of love!!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

afrobev said...

I think its sweet that you hear with your heart Auntie Choo. Very motherly x