Thursday, July 13, 2006

Choo Choo Train still chugging down the Tracks

Wow! I am writing my 200th article today since I started writing my first article "What's in a Name" on 15th of November 2005! I am writing my 200th article from my niece's lovely home in Kuala Lumpur! Again thanks to my lawyer friends, Yeow Choo and Lilian, I was encouraged to "expose" my writing to a wider readership via my blog. The ladies told me they enjoyed my writing and I thought perhaps since they are in the legal profession they will take to words like fish to water. But will others be just as keen to read my blog? I am so thrilled to discover a whole world of interesting bloggers and readers not only in Singapore but throughout the world!! Through my blog I met interesting bloggers like Daniel and James Bevan from England, Thanh from Australia and Michael from USA. Being a dog lover, I am thrilled to read Jaffeboy's blog created by his doting owners, Chris Graham and his wife. I enjoy the comments from them. It makes me happy to know that my worries and apprehension are also shared by others, and that I am not a freak after all!!!

I am also grateful to my university buddies, Moshin, Richard and James who have been faithfully reading and commenting on my articles. Thinking of me as a train, Moshin came up with the name of "The Oriental Express". They act as my editors, and together with Thanh, also help me with my problems on the computer.

From being computer-phobic, now I just love this amazing invention!! I always thought I could only write with my pen. I am so excited that I can create a piece of writing within twenty minutes because typing on the computer is made so easy!! All these 200 articles would not have been possible without the encouragement of readers who give me positive feedback about being inspired by my articles! Yes, I have a great papa whose wonderful teachings I wish to impart to readers. Although physically 52, I feel I am mentally and emotionally 152! I thank God for my rich experiences of having travelled to some 37 countries and 160 cities.

It is increasingly getting more difficult to write as my work load increases. However, I must make it a point to press on with my writing consistently. I hope God will bless this Choo Choo Train with good health so that she can continue picking up passengers and offering those who are down, a lift on her little train.

Choo Choo Train, a chugging down the tracks..... Toot! Toot!

Gan Chau :-)

4 comments:

thanh7580 said...

The Choo Choo train said "I belive I can, I believe I can, I believe I can" as she chugged over the very steep mountain. As she reached the summit, she saw that on the other side of the mountain was the most wonderous valley that contained everything that she wished for in life. All it took was that she put some effort into life herself to reap the rewards.

Hope there are many more articles to come. I can't believe you have visited 37 countries, I'm so jealous. I was just saying to a work mate today who was being sent to England for work that I wished the company would send me overseas for work. =(

jaffeboy said...

Wow, 200th article!!! That is quite a lot, aunty Choo.

Congratulations! Your effort is appreciated by all. Keep blogging

The Oriental Express said...

Thanks, Thanh. You have plenty of time to travel. You are only half my age! I had wanted to be an air stewardess, but was not pretty enough to be one. I had wanted to be an executive with a multi national company, but I did not end up as one. But God gave me so many chances to travel.... some of the prizes are lucky draws!!!''

Thanks Jaffeboy..... continue barking into your 200th article too, ok?

Just came back from Penang and tomorrow, will go to my client's home to pick up Chelsea, her cocker spaniel. Will be looking after Chelsea for about 4 months, before Professor Roland Clive takes over the adoption. They will be living in the same Clementi Park as Chelsea's current owner.... and Professor Clive will put Chelsea with the current owner, Shanaz, whenever he has a long day. Sounds like a good arrangement, isn't it? But for now, I must source an apartment for the Professor!

afrobev said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 200 Blogs of age. Keep them coming Choo. You know that we love it. You get better with age...a bit like fine wine xxx