Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Are You Performing in a Circus?"

As I was rushing to show a client a unit in Avon Park, my heart became uneasy as I was driving along Braddel Road. The sky was turning dark and it had just started to drizzle. I began to pray. I always found solace in prayer, especially when I felt uneasy for no reason.

Just then as I was reaching the Braddel/Bishan road junction, the traffic light turned red. I stepped on my brakes. My car started to spin one round. I burst out, "Help Lord. My doggies haven't eaten their dinner yet". The car came to a halt. Miraculously the car did not hit the tree that was planted on the road divider. It was a busy Saturday afternoon, and yet there were no cars behind me. I guessed the drivers slowed down when they saw my car spinning! One man who stopped at the traffic junction three lanes away from my car quickly wound down his windows, and hollered to me, "Miss, you are so oooo lucky. You think you're performing in a circus?" he grinned, shaking his head at the same time.

As I was feeding my three dogs in the evening, I told them how blessed they had been. If anything happened to me, they would have no food to eat that evening!

I took my car to the mechanic for inspection. He told me that my tyres were too smooth. No wonder my car skidded. I never knew we had to change car tyres now and then. I thought they would last for ten years!!!

Gan Chau

No comments: