Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My beloved brother Kee Seng

 

2nd brother Kee Seng with Amu at St. Paul's Church, Penang

 

My beloved brother with his lovely wife, Saw Kim

I have been blessed with a wonderful brother who resembles so much of my beloved papa.
Needless to say, he is the apple of my eyes, because looking at him reminds me so much of papa.

2nd brother was educated in Chinese, yet he took upon himself to study and master the English Language on his own. Now, after a hard day's work, you can see him pouring over his various English, Malay and Japanese dictionaries as he learns new words. I can still remember the tiny palm size dictionary he bought for me which was my pride as I brought it to school. I showed off the cute dictionary to my classmates. How they envied me.

Brother is very musical. My papa taught him how to play the clarinet, and three months later, he played on the radio and won first prize. He can also play the piano and cello. He is very generous and often loves to give treats. I guess brother is always happier to give than to receive.

Brother enjoys cooking. I remember once he enrolled for cooking classes in Chinese cuisine. Before I flew off to Canada for my tertiary, brother threw a farewell dinner party. He personally cooked at the kitchen almost the whole day long and whipped up fanciful dishes like those served in Chinese restaurants.

Whenever I have problems I can confide in him. Brother keeps a concerned lookout, but he is never too nosy or imposing. He believes in giving everyone freedom to think and to explore.

Everyone who knows him loves and respects him. I am proud of my brother and pray that God will bless him with a good and long life.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dung2x said...

Wow.. what a picture of a good character!

I think your papa has really done a wonderful job at raising his kids! ^^

The Oriental Express said...

Thanks, and I hope you have great siblings too?
I laugh a lot at home because my siblings are great jokers and I always tell people I get fat from laughing..... not from eating!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your brother! I'm also very fortunate to have 2 older brothers and 5 sisters who love me as much as I love them. Us siblings are closer as we get older which is a blessing. I'm so glad that my siblings & I were the baby boomers (born in the 1940's to 1960's) because we have each other after the passing of our parents over 15 years ago. The greatest gift my parents (especially Mom) gave us was each other even though we were poor growing up back in the 50's, 60's & 70's.