Saturday, March 03, 2007

What is Life Without Computers?

Gosh! I recently only realised how dependent I am on computers when I went back to Penang for my Lunar New Year vacation! My second brother has yet to learn the computer even though there is one in his apartment. My niece, Tyng, had given her computer to her father since she is now residing in the States. However, there is no internet connection yet. Tyng was also back for the vacation and installed a camera for her father. I guess the desire to see his two daughters and nieces on the computer screen will definitely motivate my brother to learn how to use the computer soon. I told my brother he would love the computer like I do, since we both enjoy reading and finding out information.

I tried to write out my speech for the international contest with a pen. After writing a few lines, I was tired. Ironically, in the past, I enjoyed writing with a pen and then later typed out the article with a typewriter. Now I have become more prolific because of the computer! Often, people are surprised I could write an article almost everyday. It takes me an average of about 15 to 20 minutes to write an article. There are so many fun things we can do with a computer.... loading photos, emailing, writing our essays, surfing the net, etc.

Yesterday, I was talking to a colleague, Sharlyn, and she told me she is not computer literate. I encouraged the younger lady to learn by telling her that I overcame my phobia, and started learning the computer at half a century years old, and I am now thoroughly enjoying it! If Choo can do it, so can anyone!!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

JerL said...

Yes, we're so technology and gadget reliant. I cannot survive without my computer, handphone and camera!