Monday, January 04, 2010

A Cat Called Choo Choo

 



"Choo Choo was 9 years old when she was adopted by Precious Pets early in 1998. She was suffering from chronic kidney failure and required daily medication and fluids. Over the next few months her condition stabilized and she became the "hospital mascot" here at Petmobile. She had free reign of the place and made the most of it, stopping by to say hello to just about everyone during the day.

Her favorite spot, however, became the reception desk where she presided over all lobby activity with mild, cat-like interest.

Recently, Choo Choo's condition worsened to the point that the kindest thing we could do was to put a stop to the suffering. On January 25th, 1999, our Choo Choo closed her eyes and went to sleep for the last time. We will all miss her terribly."

Sometimes I like to look into my sitemeter to find out how readers discover the existence of my blog. No wonder someone found me because I have the same name as the cat adopted by Precious Pets. What a lovely and friendly cat! The Creator has taken the trouble to make animals to help make our life more interesting, meaningful and colorful. I am saddened by animal abuse when cats and dogs are thrown from high rise buildings or mutilated in any way.

I cannot be like Nam Wha or Raymund Wee who has done so much for animals; I can only contribute a little in financial support. If I come across anyone abusing a poor animal, he will be shown my "dracula fangs"! People who abuse animals are real cowards for they know that the helpless animals cannot fight back.

Let us all live and let live!

Gan Cao

No comments: