Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Cool, Cool Breeze

Before moving to Little India, I stayed at Toa Payoh. In the morning, the bedrooms and the kitchen would receive the morning sun. In the afternoon, rays of the hot, blazing sun would stream right into the 3rd bedroom and the living room. If I were at home the whole day, I would need to change my clothes four times a day, as I would be perspiring the whole day long!

Hence, it is with great relief when I find my current flat a vast contrast! Almost every day, I would be able to enjoy the cool breeze and it is windy most of the time. I have to close the kitchen windows or the wind would be too strong for my gas stove. January is usually quite warm, yet now it is breezy and cool enough for me without having to turn on the fan! There is no blockage as around my block, there are two storey conservation shop houses. Morever, the sea is not too far away from Little India.

Too much airconditioning will expedite the growth of wrinkles. This is why I have given up my table space in the office, and decided to work from home. I thank God for the cool breeze and wind that greet me on most days.
Gan Chau

No comments: