Monday, February 25, 2008

Headhunted!

Recently I had a pleasant surprise when someone emailed me to invite me to join his company as a teacher of English Language and Creative Writing in Vietnam! The Director had been following my blog and found my articles interesting and thought provoking! It gives me a warm feeling that at more than half a century years old, I can still be headhunted!

It is also a coincidence, because of late, my Company Director, Mr. Chris Koh, has been going in and out of Vietnam to set up branch offices for Dennis Wee Group. My best friend, Loh Soh Wah, had just gone to Vietnam with her husband, Yew Tien, and had come back with roaring reports of the new economy of Vietnam, and she also encouraged me to teach there as there is a great need for English Language teachers.

I always prefer to be sytematic and complete what I have started. I am a few months to getting my Distinguished Toastmasters' Award and I am also committed to helping out till end of this year at the Speech Craft at Changi Prison organised by DTM Michael J Rodrigues. I must also arrange with Shanaz for someone to help look after her pet, Chelsea, when I am away from Singapore. In brief, to put my house in order before I take on a new project.

I also know that if I were to tell my siblings that I am going to Vietnam to live and work, they will surely oppose the idea, for to them Singapore is the best and safest place for their youngest sister to live in!

Mm.....still the idea of being headhunted in this century is pleasant and thought provoking. Am I glad I was not born in the earlier century where being headhunted implied that one had to run for his life!! :-)


Gan Chau

No comments: