Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Little Four Legged Neighbours


I had enjoyed having kept 3 big dogs as pets. Kamlette, a mixed Golden Retriever, was the first dog I ever had. She was one of the puppies abandoned at a mangrove swamp and found by my ex-ACS students. After that I had Kambobo, a Rough Collie, which I bought out of compassion from her owners who no longer could keep him. A neighbour gave me Kam Xiao Bai, a Chow Chow.

After the death of my three dogs, I decided not to have any more dogs as pets. I had been contented with my experience of enjoying my pets. Frankly, when I had my three dogs, I worried about going six feet under, for who would look after them? Hence I decided I would help to "dog sit" for my friends and clients when necessary. Hence, Chelsea, a Cocker Spaniel, came into my life.

When I moved to Little India, I was delighted to find that I had a little Bishon Frise, Kenneth as my neighbour! After a month, Bobby, a Shi Tzu was adopted by Kenneth's owner, Irin. Sometimes I help Irin to walk her two lovely dogs.

Recently Irin decided to give her two dogs "the bald look". However, it is quite cool and windy at our block of flats, and Irin decided to keep the dogs warm with some fashionable wear. I told Irin that Kennth looks like a rich man's son, while Bobby looks like a kung fu fighter in his red and yellow outfit with Chinese characters written on the material.

After their walk with Irin, the two dogs would surely pop by my gate to see whether I am in. Animals cannot talk, yet they reveal their feelings by their action. Frankly, I would rather have dogs as my neighbours and friends than homo sapiens who don't bark, but bite and perhaps even kill. This is why I always send the story of the dog "Wake Up, My Friend", to those tricksters who always inform me that I have won the lottery in the Spanish Sweepstakes, Microsoft Mammoth Draw, Euro Lucky Draw, etc. I also make sure that I send the story of the faithful dog to those with high sounding titles of Dr., Barrister, or CEO of some banks, etc. from Africa and Europe. The faithful dog stood by his dead friend in the midst of a busy road, crying for help, but these homo sapiens are just waiting to skin innocent victims alive!

May God bless Kenneth and Bobby, and all the dogs and animals in this world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: