Thursday, February 28, 2008

Resisting Temptation!

I was shopping at my favourite supermarket, Sheng Siong, which is a stone's throw from my apartment. I wanted to buy some whole wheat cream crackers which I would like to munch on when I am hungry. I chanced upon some boxes of my favourite Van Houten almond chocolates.
Almost without thinking, I took a box and was about to throw it into my basket when I remembered my article, "Waste Not, Want Not". I had made a resolution not to buy junk food or food what would only help me to pile on the calories. eg. Chocolates, nuts, chips, etc.

The chocolates were on offer at $8.90 per box. Now I can throw this into my "kitty for famine fund for hungry children in Africa". In the past, it was hard for me to overcome my sweet tooth. I am glad I can now resist the temptation. I guess, now it is easier since I find it more meaningful this way. I hope I will remain this way for a long time. Knowing that some hungry kids can have a little more money to buy food will help me overcome my temptation.

Gan Chau

No comments: