Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Advantages of Turning 55!

 

 


My tenant, Jasmin, wanted to see the movie, "The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". He asked me to help get the tickets. Gosh! It had been some 4 years since I last saw my first movie when Soh Wah invited me during Chinese New Year.

I did not even know which cinema "The Mummy" was showing. I looked into the newspaper and found out that the nearest one is at Singapura Plaza. When I went to the Golden Village I was surprised I could only buy advanced tickets the following day. Since I had gone all the way there, I decided to watch 12 Lotus as it was 15 minutes before show time. My manager, Aveline Tan, had lent me the VCD on 881, (The Papaya Sisters) and I had enjoyed it very much. 12 Lotus is beautifully portrayed by Roystan Tan. For those who understand Hokkien dialect, they would be able to enjoy the movie even more. As the cinema was not crowded, I had a whole row of seats to myself! What luxury!

I also found from the sales staff that I could also book online. Best of all was the realisation that Senior Citizens only pay $4/- per ticket instead of the usual $7.50 to $10 tickets. I believe huge discounts are also offered for concerts at the Esplanade! The joy of having grey hairs!

Wow! I just can't wait for my 55th birthday on December the 12th. With that coveted and revered title of being senior in this country, I will certainly visit the cinema and Esplanade more often to make up for all these decades of non attendance. I guess this is the price one pays for being frugal! But I would prefer to agree with King Solomon when he wrote in his book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 Verse -"Everything on earth has its own time and its own season."

Ganchau


No comments: