Monday, August 11, 2008

Let's Celebrate!

 

My guests with their two and four legged childred!
 

President Nathan arriving at the National Day Parade Celebration!
 

Joel, musically talented, plays and sing for the guests.
 
Peter, sharing about what it takes to be a good father and husband.

style='clear:both; text-align:CENTER'>Posted by Picasa


The only time that I had been to the National Day Parade Celebration was when I was teaching at River Valley High School. I went for the rehearsal with some of our school boys and girls.

Since then, I had never been to watch the parade, as I prefer to have a bird's eye view of the whole celebration .....via television! I can watch in the comfort of my home or in the home of friends. Sometimes I would go over to my friend's homes and we had fellowship and celebration together. At other times, I preferred to be just alone and quiet. Each time I watch the television, I would always exercise, because if I were to sit down, I would surely find myself in slumberland!

Recently I decided to invite some friends over to join us at home for dinner and celebration. Jean and Peter brought along their two boys, Jaren and Joel as well as Whitney, their lovely pet. I also invited some neighbours over. As my tenants, Ashok and Jasmin have just come over from India, I thought it would be nice to have the celebration at home.

After the parade, we played "Poison Parcel". While I was playing the piano, the parcel would be passed around and the moment I stopped playing, the person who was holding the parcel would have to carry out a penalty. Some were asked to sing a song, play a musical instrument or narrate some interesting events or experiences etc. Everyone had a great time!

Peter who is usually quiet, became quite eloquent in his sharing! I learn that when we put people on a pedestal, somehow, most of them will rise to the occasion.

May God bless Singapore and everyone in this little but wonderful and great nation!

Gan Chau

No comments: