Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Lovely Dog called Whitney

 

 

 

 

Whitney, sitting patiently on her master's lap while he was sharing with the group

When Jin Lu, an old friend, phoned me to ask for help in marketing her apartment, she excitedly told me she had just adopted a lovely, white Bishon Frise. I was very happy, for I always look forward to visiting friends who have dogs and other pets at home.

Whitney barked furiously when I first arrived. Yet, during my second visit, she recognised me and hence, there was no barking. How clever! She is an adorable dog, and warms up to visitors alike.

Jin told me that she could even recognise certain words. She is always alert when the phone rings, and when she hears the names of Jin's children, she would show excitement.
Whenever the family goes out, Whitney would rush to the bay window and look out. Very often, Jin would bring Whitney along to her parents' home where the family gather together for dinner. Whitney is agile and nimble. She could stand on her two hind legs for a fairly long time.

When Jin and Peter brought Whitney to my home for a National Day celebration, everyone immediately takes to Whitney. She is an intelligent and obedient dog. She would sit quietly and watch everyone around her.

A little dog has brightened up Jin's home. Indeed, dogs make our world go round! For those who have yet to take to dogs, try to appreciate them. They make wonderful pets and are ever so faithful and loyal.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: