Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happiness is .... (29)

 
Posted by Picasa


With my good friends, Geok Sim and Cher Khim at Ning's Homcoming Series Concert at
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music

One of the things I love most is to learn from my friends and associates, as well as to influence them to appreciate the things that I love too. For example, many of my friends do not realise that Hindi movies are actually easy to watch and enjoy. Of late whenever there is a good program on Vasantham Channel, I would sms to all my friends and encourage them to watch the movie.

Recently, I was overjoyed when my niece, Ning, was back in Singapore to teach for a month at the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory. I invited my good friends, Geok Sim and
Cher Khim to Ning's concert as I am confident that, though my friends are not so well-versed with classical music, they will enjoy the concert. I always enjoy Ning's selection of interesting pieces, and with her strong artistic personality and stage presence, she will as usual, mesmerise her audience.

Everyone enjoyed the concert tremendously as seen and heard by the thunderous applause and "bravo" in the hall. As usual, I wished my late beloved papa were at the concert for he would have been so proud of Ning.

Geok Sim shared that she liked the variety of pieces played. She particularly likes
Ning's arrangment and rendition of "Amazing Grace", as well as Cafe Music by Paul Schoenfield with Qin Li-Wei on the cello and Bernard Lanskey on the piano.

I was glad that despite the heavy rain, the Concert Hall was quite packed and that my two friends also turned up for the concert. My best friend, Soh Wah was also at the concert with her family and so was my niece, Christmin and her family. Enjoying a good concert is like having a good meal for it makes us feel happy and satiated. Happiness is sharing with friends the things that we love and enjoy.

Gan Cao

No comments: