Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Favourite Hours of the Day

All of us have our favourite hours of the day. For some, it is when they go jogging after a hard day's work, while for others it is most therapeutic for them to cook a lovely dinner for their family members.

My favourite hours used to be the time when I took my 3 lovely dogs for their walks twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening... no matter how late. I toilet trained them .... the world is their toilet, but that means picking up their doggy poo. But they have passed away and now I hestitate to adopt pets for the time being.... preferring to dog walk or dog sit for owners when they go on holidays.

Hence for me now, it is definitely when I am at the computer, reading emails or typing articles in my blog. At the same time, I would play cds of my favourite singers. The no. 1 on my list is Theresa Teng. I enjoy the sweet rendition of her songs in Mandarin and Hokkien. Although I do not quite understand most of the songs in Mandarin, nevertheless I never get tired of listening to them, because Theresa has a vey unusually sweet and natural voice. It is a pity that she passed away when she was still in her prime.

When I am not typing, I would be watching my favourite programs, "Animal Planet, National Geographic and Discovery Channel." At the same time, the cds would be on. If I wish to do aerobics I would play the Boney M cd. The music makes it easy for me to want to get my legs in rhtymn and dance.!

Every night, I would definitely watch a program on Animal Planet. God's creation is always so marvelous.... it makes me humble to think that we human beings are His highest form of creation. Yet animals can teach us so many things. Dogs can teach us what faithfulness is; mother cats can teach us what it means to love and guard your young ones zealously, etc. Strangely after watching the program I would be at peace and find myself ready to just forgive and forget. The following morning, I would be recharged to face another interesting day of challenges.

Gan Chau

No comments: