Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Reflection (2)

I find it boring to do the same things year after year. Hence during the lunar new year of 2004, I decided I would not go on my usual round of visiting. I decided to help my friend cook at an old folks' home where she is a volunteer.

My best friend, Soh Wah, called me on New Year's Eve and told me she wanted to invite me for a movie on the first day of New Year. When we went to the cinema I was surprised the ticket cost $8.00 I thought it was only $4.00! "When was the last time you saw a movie?" asked a flabbergasted Soh Wah. I was surprised that the seat next to me was so huge. Soh Wah laughed and told me it was a love seat for lovers!

I told Soh Wah there are so many interesting programmes on the television and I hardly even have time to watch TV let alone visit the cinema which is even more time consuming. Even when I watch TV I do not sit down ... preferring to exercise at the same time. I would do aerobics or dance along with the Indian dancers when watching a Hindi show.

The cinema was not crowded at all. Since we had the highest row of seat, I decided to get up and do some aerobic exercise or I would be falling asleep. Soh Wah laughed, shaking her head, "Choo, you are just like Mr. Bean!"

When we went back around midnight, I took my two dogs out for their usual walk. I was feeling extremely grateful to Soh Wah for her thoughtfulness and generosity in giving me an ang pow. As I was walking my dogs, I picked up three ang pows on the road. One ang pow had $4.00; another had $10.00 and another $50.00! What an exciting end to a great day! My friends asked me if I had trained my dogs to smell $$!

No comments: