Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Peep into the Original State of my Apartment

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Since some readers have been asking me to have a peep of what I have been busy renovating these few weeks, I decide to post some pictures of the apartment in Little India.

Nothing much to look at now but it will be better after renovation. Being the frugal type, I renovate only that which is necessary. Thank God for the lovely granite flooring which is still in excellent condition. The windows and grills can remain as they are still good.

What I like most about the unit is the airiness and breeziness. My colleague Vincent who had kindly helped me to paint told me that the breeze comes from the sea as it is not too far away. There is no blockage from the bedroom windows because most of the houses in Little India are two storey conservation houses. Hence from the bedroom windows I can see the city lights and lights from tall buildings. The lovely scenery looks like a picturesque postcard!

I love Indian movies, music and dance....but I do not quite like Indian food. This is a blessing in disguise for me, for I will not be tempted by the many Indian restaurants and food stalls near my apartment. I find the spices that are used in Indian food somewhat too strong for my nostrils. Anyway, with my excess weight, I should cut down on curries and bread.

It is just one minute walk to the Little India MRT Station and Tekka Market. I can easily get fresh meat and vegetables from the market. Hence, I have little excuse now not to cook everyday. For the past 2 years I have been eating out mostly because the market is quite far away from my current abode. Hence, it will be easier for me to help cook for our toastmasters' and breakfast meetings at our office. My parents have imbued my siblings and I with the spirit of hospitality.
Hence, it means I will be more likely to cook and invite friends home for lunch or dinner.

I intend to walk back home from the office in the evenings so as to avoid the crowded MRT during peak hours. With this forced destination for a walk, my readers can expect.....ahem! a slimmer Choo!

I will post the new look of the apartment after I move in! House moving! Arghhh!!

Gan Chau :-)

No comments: