Monday, July 16, 2007

It Never Rains But Pours

I am sure many of my readers have gone through heavy rain many times. Yet, despite the heavy downpour, it is like God has extended an even bigger umbrella to shelter us! None of us has gone through the most excruciating pain of the Lord Jesus, as he was nailed onto the cross, with a crown of thorns pressed down his bleeding head amidst the jeering of the soldiers, "If you are are the son of God, prove it to us!" He had been whipped with the cat of nine tails as he laboured and stumbled to carry the heavy cross. These touching scenes were well depicted in the movie, "The Passion of The Christ".

Hence, no matter how stressful things can get, I always remember the Cross. It makes my problems and challenges pale in comparison to the intense sufferings of Christ. Hence, I am still able to smile and be cheerful in the face of adversities! I know I can only do my best; God has to do the rest.

July is one of the most challenging months for me. I have to see to the renovation of the little flat as well as packing up, giving away or discarding some junks. This is also the busiest month for toastmasters' activities with club officers' training, area governors' meetings, installation of new exco members, etc. I still have to see to my clients' properties for sale, rent, etc.

I only pray that I will not be bitten by a dengue infested mosquito. So long as I am hale and hearty, I can cope with the chores and responsibilities. I am always positive .... I have so many blessings to count and name them one by one. I had just come back from Ikea and Courts Mega Store in Tampines. As the bus plied its way to Ikea and Courts Mega Stores, I marvelled at the beauty of the greenery. There is hardly any ugly patches of ground to be seen. The grass is neatly cut and the trees look so lovely. There is still so much land.... I am grateful that Singapore is not hilly like other countries. If I have to keep counting my blessings here, my article will run into a few thousand words....hence I will leave my readers to count their blessings and name them one by one.! :-)

Cheers!

Gan Chau

No comments: