Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Have you ever wondered why or how.....

Have you ever wondered why or how :-

1)

Some mothers can spend 9 months painstakingly carrying a foetus in their wombs;
yet they do not treasure their babies when they are born.

Once I did not realise that a mother cat had just given birth to some kittens
and were taking shelter in a covered drain. I walked my rough collie past the drain and suddenly, this ferocious mother cat sprang on my dog, as the kittens were too close for comfort. The cat was small, but the maternal instinct gave her courage to fight against a dog much bigger than her. Fortunately, my lassie was a gentle dog, and though shocked, he did not fight back at the cat. I had to protect my dog by shooing away the cat!

2)

When property prices were low, there few takers; yet so many want to buy when the prices have gone up a lot now.

3)

When you are not waiting for a particular bus, you keep seeing it arriving at bus stops. Yet the very same bus seems no where in sight when you are waiting for it?

4)

The more you dislike to meet someone, the more you are bound to meet him or her in the most unearthly places!

5)

Why most husbands and wives are so contrasting in character and personality. I guess it is a matter of unlike poles attract? Yet, like my pastor has said, it is this contrast that often creates lots of problems in the marriage later.

6)

How some of us are "poor" but actually have tons of savings tucked in our CPF Accounts?

7)

How banks keep asking you to take up credit cards with them when you do not need money; yet the very same banks take away your umbrella when it is raining very heavily for you?

8)

How when you put up a sign, "Wet paint; please don't touch", people will want to touch it?

9)

Singaporeans abide by the rules and regulations in Singapore; but the moment some cross over to Johore, they forget all the rules and do not behave in a civil way?

10)

People do not mind the warm air in Killiney Kopi Tiam at Killiney Road; but they complain the aircon is not cold enough when they enter an air-conditioned cafeteria or food court?

I guess there are many more I can add; but for now the above will suffice. It will be great if my readers can add on more to my list.

No comments: