Monday, February 23, 2009

One of My Favourite Toastmasters Clubs


Some of the audience in the comfortable meeting room at Safra, Toa Payoh, listening and observing with rapt attention

Jessie Ang, one of the most improved speakers

The president, Cheow Cheng with the Toastmaster of the Evening, Jei
Posted by Picasa


My company, Dennis Wee Group, has relocated to HDB Hub. Hence, now it is easier for me to commute to one of my favourite clubs, Money Mastery (Singapore) TMC as it is within a stone's throw from my office.

It is such a joy and pleasure to see marked improvement in the members' speaking skills. Jessie is now so much more confident, and Jei now oozes with so much humour and charm! I have observed that ladies look prettier and men look more handsome as they grow in confidence in their speech delivery!!

The table topics master, Jeffery Seah, even donated a book, "Six Thinking Hats" - Edward De Bono, to the winner. How generous of him.!

On my part, I tried to make the Language Evaluation session as interesting and as exciting as I could. It is important to keep members awake, especially after a long day!

Though it is somewhat exhausting after a whole day of running around, and I have to admit that there have been times I have preferred to just go back home, relax and watch my favourite TV program, yet, I am glad that I have always fulfilled my committment as a language or project evaluator. It is amazing when we give, for we receive even more abundantly.! I would go home feeling refreshed, renergised and renewed!

I have visited Money Mastery TMC about four times. One of my ex-students, Brennan Khor, from ACS (Independent) is the current VPE (Education) of the club, and I guess, as his ex-teacher I find it exceedingly difficult to turn him down each time he invites me to help with language evaluation. ACS boys are well known for their gift of the gab, and since becoming a toastmaster, Brennan's eloquence and leadership have become even more distinctive!

Wishing all the members in Money Mastery Toastmasters Club the very best! "Jia yiu!" (Persevere!)

Gan Chau

No comments: