Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Peace, Blessed Peace.....

 
Posted by Picasa

What a picture of peace!


I am sure most of my readers must have seen the above picture taken of a Chinese boy sleeping soundly on a floating sofa during the floods in China.

I like the picture because it spells of peace, real peace! Very often when we are asked to depict a picture with the subject of peace, most of us will draw beautiful green pastures with sheep or some scenery which shows quiet and calm.

Once, when I was shopping at a book store, I saw an interesting photo of a wild bird
dozing off in a crevice of a rock, and there were huge waves lapping against the rocks. But the bird appeared to be in deep slumber, oblivious to the possible danger of being drowned by the powerful waves! What a picture of peace!

When I was still a student, I enjoyed going shopping with my eldest sister because it meant I would get a treat of some nice food or desserts. I remember once I was so exhausted while shopping with my eldest sister that I just could not help but fell asleep in the shop. I found myself a chair and slept soundly in the midst of all the activities of shoppers coming in and going out. I slept soundly for about an hour while sister was selecting her shoes. The shop attendants were amused and sister explained that I am one lucky girl who could sleep anywhere and everywhere.

In a world full of turmoil, violence and natural disasters, peace is a wonderful state of mind. For me, peace comes from knowing that I need not worry for if God can take care of the wild birds and flowers, surely He will take care of His homo sapiens, the highest form of His creation.

I am constantly reminded of my two favourite verses in Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving,
let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all
understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

No comments: