Friday, July 30, 2010

Healthy Concoction for Breakfast!

 

A colorful dish of sweet purple potatoes, oats, ginger and black sesame seed

Posted by Picasa


Ever since my eldest sister Lee Lee shared with me about the wonders of eating Quaker Oats for breakfast. I had tried taking oats, and after two weeks, my blood pressure has been reduced considerably to 122/75 !! I hope that when my blood pressure stablises, I will be able to resume donating blood liked I used to donate at the Blood Bank.

I also read about the wonders of sweet potatoes and it is advisable to take the sweet potatoes before 12 noon. It is best to take them early in the morning. Hence I decided to combine the two and came up with the following tasty and colorful
recipe. I would like to call my breakfast preparation the "Dance of Life".

Dance of Life

Ingredients

1 medium sized purple or orange sweet potato

4 tablespoons of Quaker oats

A few slices of ginger

1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds or
1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds

Method

Peel the potato and cut into small pieces. Cut a few slices of ginger
and add water in a small pot and put to boil.

When potatoes are cooked, add 4 tablespoons of Quaker oats, and after
2 minutes, cover the pot and leave for about 5 minutes. Ready to serve.

Sprinkle one teaspoon of black or white sesame seeds or one tablespoon
of pumpkin seeds.

As one potato is used, it is not very sweet but I like it as it is. However, for those who like it sweeter, add one teaspoon of honey.

You can be as creative as you want to, and cook the oats in different ways. You may also fry the oats and add them to your yogurt with slices of grapes, apples, honey dew, etc.

Try the above colorful concoction, and when you take it regularly, you will soon be dancing for joy, for it makes you feel healthy and energetic! Remember your life is as colorful as you wish to paint it! Remember Choo's Dance of Life!! Bon appetit!

No comments: