Sunday, July 11, 2010

"You are just as beautiful...."

 

Aren't the colours of the Punjabi suit quite similar to the colours of the peacock?
 

The peacock, resplendent in gorgeous, bright blue colours.


Soh Wah and I were walking around Holland park, when we came across a lovely peacock. I have always loved the beautiful colours of the peacock. I quickly took out my camera, and said, "Hi, Peacock, you're even more beautiful than me".

Suddenly I heard someone reply, "No, you're just as beautiful!" I turned around, and there was a gentleman, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank you, but I think God's creation is the most beautiful!"

Suddenly I remember the words in Luke Chapter 12, verse 27, "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

If King Solomon's gorgeous and royal clothings could not even be compared with the beauty of the lilies, how could my humble Punjabi suit be compared with the splendid colours of the peacock!

Though I was exhausted, I suddenly became energetic again, with a new spring in my steps and joy in my heart. How great is God, and greatly to be praised!

Gan Cao

No comments: