Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beautiful Mondays

I love Mondays. It is the start of work for a whole week. I feel invigorated after a lovely weekend, especially after service at church where I feel refreshed and rejuvenated by the sermons and the inspirational singing. It is like having my batteries recharged so that I have "new cells" and energy to tackle the challenges that present themselves for the next seven days! On Sunday evenings I like to take stock of all that had happened during the week, and analyse my mistakes and make new resolutions for the following days ahead.

Now my Mondays are even brighter. I look forward every evening when I tutor Zhi Yi and Zhi Wei. They are both bright kids and as much as I am teaching them, I am also learning from them! It is amazing how well informed today's generation is! The older generation sometimes think that today's youngsters are nonchalant. I suspect young people like to act cool, flippant and "tidak apa" (nonchalant), but deep inside them, they worry about their families, the government and their future! Zhi Yi and Zhi Wei are very sensitive to the environment around them. When I asked them what they would do for Singapore if they were in the PAP (People's Action Party), their answers were quite astounding! The two brothers are mature beyond their years!

I also look forward to seeing the children's pet dog, Goldy. This is the first time that I came across a dog who loves to eat anything that is edible! Goldy even loves fresh cuts of apples, cucumbers and tomatoes..... he would make good advertisement material as the Singapore government is encouraging her citizens to eat more fruits and vegetables. Sometimes I would arrive some 30 minutes earlier, so that I could walk Goldy together with Zhi Wei. Goldy would sit next to his favourite master during lessons and observe all that is going on. How wonderful if dogs could also speak! The maid, Leah, would often give me a bowl of delicious home cooked soup.

Sometimes I wonder why Mondays are often described as black or bleak Mondays. Let us paint Mondays with blue skies and sunny weather. Even if it were cloudy or rainy on Mondays, let us remember that there is always a silver lining behind every cloud!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

jaffeboy said...

Aunty Choo, MaMa thank you for the compliments. I am still in dilemna of whether or not to put a link to the Newspaper article in my blog. I don't want to band the rules but the article is nice!!!