Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Readership is Growing!

Thanks to Dr. Kumaran Raju who helped me to set up a sitemeter in my blog, I am able to monitor my readership. To my delight, I realise my readership has been growing since the inception of the blog on 15th November 2005. It is also interesting to note that my readers come from all over the world, some from countries I am unfamiliar with eg. Latvia, Slovenia and Guam to name a few. From as far north as Russia to as south as New Zealand and Brazil, it makes me feel that our world has shrunk! My greatest readership now comes from USA, followed by Great Britain and Canada. Singapore used to top the chart, but now it is overtaken by America. Perhaps it is because America is a bigger country with a larger population, but from an article I understand that Americans love to blog, and blogging is a growing interest especially with the retirees.

It is encouraging also to receive comments from readers. It is these comments and growing readership that have spurred me on to push and discipline myself to write at least an article everyday. It is not easy sometimes. After a hectic day, sometimes all I want to do is to collapse on my easy chair and watch my favourite TV programme!!

Since my eldest sister and I are the only writers in the family, I wish to share my writing especially with my 12 nieces and nephews! They always enjoy listening to stories about their parents and grandparents. Since I do not have much to leave the world, I can only "bequeath" my writing, utilising the talent endowed to me by the greatest Creator of this universe.

Wishing all my dear readers a happy balance of 250 days for the year 2006!!!

Gan Chau :-)

4 comments:

thanh7580 said...

You've also got one reader from Australia, me!

And I will keep blogging to sharpen my wit, so I can make funny comeback remarks like "You're as sharp as a bowling ball". :-)

The Oriental Express said...

Thanks for your feedback, Thanh. Are you a Vietnamese? Tell us more about yourself in your blog.
My second sister, Ean Ean, lives in Melbourne.

Choo

thanh7580 said...

No actually I'm Chinese and speak Chinese as my native dialect. I was born in Vietnam but my family is actually Te Chu Chinese (Chiu Jaio in Cantonese and Chao Zhou in Mandarin). My Chinese name is Cheng, as in Cheng Gong, meaning success. To get an English name when I came to Australia, my parents merely translated my Chinese name into Vietnamese since they use the English alphabet. Hence I have a Vietnames name. People always ask me if I'm Vietnamese because of the name.

I thought I had written more about myself in my first post but I read it back and it really doesn't say much. I'll do another post soon talking more about myself.

So which suburb does your sister live in. Maybe she lives in the same suburb as me, Springvale. Thats where a lot of Asian people live.

The Oriental Express said...

My sister lives in Templestowe. They have lived in Melbourne for the past 18 to 20 years. My brother in law is pastoring a Chinese Church in Blackburn. I have been to Australia about 12 times... now I seldom go there, as I realise there are still so many parts of the world I have yet to visit. Morever, nowadays, my sis and family visit Singapore and Malaysia quite often.

Glad to know you are doing very well in Australia. Keep the Asian flag flying skyhigh!

Choo Choo