Monday, April 17, 2006

Multi-Tasking - A Way of Life

My fellow blogger Daniel, has written in his blog http://brotherdanielsan.blogspot.com that he almost cut his finger while his attention was somewhat distracted by the television program. That reminds me of multi-tasking. In today's hectic world where time is never enough, it is always a good idea to multi-task but perhaps with the right combination, or you may risk ending up like Daniel. His big Chinese chopper could have done a surgical trick on his finger!

I do not have sofas before the television. They would always be put by the walls of the living room so that the space in the centre is always empty for me to do my aerobics exercise or belly dancing. I cannot sit down on the sofa and watch the TV. Must always exercise at the same time so that I do not end up falling asleep on the cozy cushion. This is probably the reason why I hardly go to the cinema. Once, my best friend, Loh Soh Wah, brought me to the cinema. Since it was the first day of Chinese New Year, there were very few patrons. I decided I should get up from the comfortable chair and exercise. Soh Wah laughed and laughed and told me I was funny like Mr. Bean! I needed to stay awake as I did not wish to waste her $8 ticket treat.

Whenever I am cleaning the apartment, cooking, ironing, sewing or driving, I must listen to music or talks from the disc. Whenever I am in the shower, I will always exercise my vocal chords. It will also help me to continue remembering words of my favourite songs. Once my cousins heard me singing, and complimented on my voice and suggested going to the karaoke lounge! I told them I only karaoke in the bathroom!

In the bus or MRT, I will always read my book or newspapers. Before you realise it, you have reached your destination! Sometimes, if I am very tired, I will sleep and I reallly mean sleep with dreams included sometimes. However, when I am very tired, I try not to fall asleep for there is the danger of overshooting my desired destination. Once I ended up in Marina Bay and would have continued dozing if the staff had not woken me up!

Sometimes friends and clients asked me how I managed to do so many things. The secret is in multi-tasking! If readers know of any combination of good multi-tasking, please share your ideas. Thank you. Terima kasih. Hsieh hsieh. Kamsiah.
Merci. Danke. Dhanyaabad. Shukria. Nandrei. Kam sa ham ni da. Arrigato. Spasiba. Kyae zuu tin par dae. Daayrallaa. Selamat bo. Grazie!

Gan Chau :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats one thing I am never good at - Multitasking. I can prioritise work, as I do it daily on my job, but cant do more than two things at once. I guessed that I am lucky still have all my fingers intact.