Sunday, February 04, 2007

Green or Blue Fingers

Posted by Picasa

In mid July of last year, my clients, Mr. & Mrs. Ong decided not to bring their plants to their new condominium but decided to give them away to friends and associates.

They also gave me some potted plants as well as those grown in coconut husks. I told them I was worried the plants would wither just like the way my bamboo plants had withered for I really do not have green fingers.

"No such thing as green or blue fingers!" retorted Mr. Ong. "All you have to do is to take care of the plants, put water and fertiliser, ensuring they have enough sunlight, etc. If you can, talk to the plants and they will grow very well."

Frankly, I would prefer to talk to Chelsea, my cocker spaniel. I placed the plants outside my main entrance to the apartment. It is almost seven and a half months since the plants were given to me by my clients. I think I have improved a little. At least my plants are still blooming green and have not withered. I love greenery and gardens. I always dream of having a small house with a spacious garden where I can grow roses, carnations, birds of paradise, orchids, etc. For now, I am content with having a few potted plants in my apartment.

Gan Chau

No comments: