Thursday, February 01, 2007

Great Salesmanship !!

  Posted by Picasa
The patient salesman at Merdeka, Lawrence, (on the left) with his colleague.

I decided to take a photo of the salesman, Lawrence, at Merdeka Electronics in Sim Lim Square partly to test out the digital camera and also to partly write about him in my blog.

He has tremendeous patience teaching me how to operate the camera. He does not capitalise on my ignorance and knows that in order to alleviate my fear and mistrust, he must arm me with knowledge. Hence he patiently explained the various functions and even showed me the promotional prices offered by the manufacturer.

Lawrence told me that it was fortunate I visited his shop on a week day. If it had been a weekend, he might not have so much time to explain as the shops on weekends are usually quite crowded.

I commented him on his good salesmanship. Patience and intergrity are very crucial in the art of selling whether one is selling ice-cream, sushi, cameras or properties.

Gan Chau

No comments: