Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Glimpse of Heaven

I received the following email from my toastmaster friend, Fernando. I would urge all my readers to try to be at peace with themselves. Do not let unkind remarks affect your joy or confidence, for always remember that people's condemnation and unfair judgement of you do not send you to hell; neither do their praises skyrocket you to heaven!! Hence, before we detect the speck in others' eyes, let us remove the grime and dirt from our own eyes.


A GLIMPSE OF HEAVEN
I was shocked, confused, bewildered

As I entered Heaven's door,


Not by the beauty of it all,


Nor the lights or its decor.


But it was the folks in Heaven


Who made me sputter and gasp ---



The thieves, the liars, the sinners,


The alcoholics and the trash.



There stood the kid from 7th grade


Who swiped my lunch money twice.


Next to him was my old neighbor


Who never said anything nice.



Herb, who I always thought


Was rotting away in hell,


Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,


Looking incredibly well.



I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?





I would love to hear Your Take




How'd all these sinners get up here?

God must've made a mistake.



'And why's everyone so quiet,


So somber - give me a clue.'


'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.


No one thought they'd be seeing you.'




JUDGE NOT.

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a mechanic.
Every saint has a PAST...


Every sinner has a FUTURE

Gan Chau

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I had come across your blog (I can't remember thru which link) and always enjoyed reading it especially your very insightful postings. I had reproduced this "A Glimpse of Heaven" on my blog - I hope you don't mind - it reminds me to be a better person. DL

The Oriental Express said...

You are welcome. Glad you enjoy my blog just like my other readers from all over the world.

Are you from Singapore?

Cheers.

Choo Choo

Anonymous said...

Hi Choo Choo, I am from S'pore :)DL